Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 1 - 3

July 3

Had the internet man over in the morning. Turns out the initial install was bad from the beginning. Got that shit fixed up good now and gave him some desserts for the road. Did a little more cleanup of the house/studio. I’m pretty sure i’m just gonna leave the shit in the boxes. I don’t have the closet space to deal with it...

I did find two more cameras of mine. I have enough cameras that I was keeping them in the most unlikely of storage places.

I know I have to make shelves. I think I’ll just finish painting an extra dresser I was given and put that up for trade for some shelves or some kind of articulated skeleton.

And I've been looking at my stretched canvases. I think ready for practice portraits to begin, as peoples schedules permit.

And I've been faking it today.


July 2

Last night I was thinking that I’m like a vampire of legend. Others can see me but I can’t see myself (like in a mirror). My only view of myself is what I can see with my own eyes or how I perceive myself which probably isn't realistic.

I wonder how I can change this? What do I need to do to make myself visible to myself?

For breakfast I have a few things in my fridge, a thing of old soup and a bag of miso paste. I decided on the old soup. I opened up the plastic, and it smelled strong. I figured some high power microwave radiation would make the bad things go away if there were any. So I nuke it and then taste it. It was actually kinda giving off bubbles as I stirred it. I took a spoon full, and it was strong. I stirred again and took another spoonful in my mouth. It did have a bit of tang to it. I think it fermented.

And I think I’m obsessing over tiny details again. Either I look for the the number three or seven to occur and follow them. Five is interesting because it’s in the middle. As I was getting ready for work this morning, I was looking at my bathroom sink and I have three brushes, two for painting, and one one for brushing away eraser crumbs (why did I put in on my bathroom sink??). I then noticed I had two more, one for my teeth and one more I used for the PVA sizing. Five brushes at my sink, and I have two more that need cleaning, seven brushes all together in a state in used/cleaned. Everything else waiting to be used. That and number seven is yellow, five is often blue/green, and three is just three. Maybe that’s Sesame Street still in my head from long ago.

I’m still thinking about the portrait stuff. Taking a small break from thinking about doing a few portraits isn't making me any real progress though. I gotta get at the very least one going soon. Otherwise why bother.


July 1

Been thinking about this portrait stuff. Old and new. I am about 60% confident that I can pull off the few portraits that folks have offered to sit for. I just want to lay down some paint and get a good enough likeness, or just experiment with the portrait. But today, I think about work, painting, putting my house away, and it is all daunting. I've left my house as is, tried setting up the studio but don’t have enough furniture to put things away. I’ll probably move at the end of the year when my lease is up so I might just memorize where my stuff is in the boxes and just keep things like that for a while. If it weren't for the fact the I am opening my house up to folks to sit for me, I’d just leave things where they are. But making a presentable house is the first step to something I think. Right now my music is getting louder to give me the psychological energy I need to get shit started in the day. That and my average speed on my motorcycle is about 75-90 mph. I think that is just me taking focus on one thing only.

As the day progresses, work is getting me down. It’s like I have two personalities, the worker side and the doer side. The doer wants to do things, productive things. The worker side is telling the doer side to stop doing and work on other things. A right/left brain battle. God, I need a real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...

UA-41898753-1