Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Aug 2 - 7

Aug 7




Just more crap. But painting is going okay.
Aug 6








Just work. Can’t stop thinking about the crap that I’ve had to put up with the other day, and still it continues. Why work at a place where you don’t do shit but get paid?? I have to work with useless people. I don’t know how you can work at someplace and accomplish nothing in 8 hours?? How?! I just can’t do it. I need a sense of accomplishment. Maybe that’s why I’m writing SOPs.

Work on the painting has gotten interesting. New elements have surfaced and I’m interested in where it will go. Small brushes and glazes are now in use for the foreground.

August 5










What is with my job?  I’m getting poked with the poop stick here  Just when I think I’ve seen it all, not quite...  Everyone else here is fine with their jobs/departments.  I seem to be in the worst place.  Shit, there are some folks just sitting and texting because they have nothing to do.

Fuck that.  Time to paint.  I can’t do anything else for the under painting.  Now I can only change color with glaze.  Now small brushes will get used.  Not much use for large ones at this point, except for the heart and flakey ground.  I should work on those, but I’m more interested in where the flat/sharp features will end up so I’ll put some time into that.  The slow process has begun.


August 4


Morning under Devils Tower. Mystical, except for the other campers. Made our way back to Denver. Nothing like a shower after 3 days of adventure.

August 3



Worked our way to Devils Tower. We weren't interested in Mt. Rushmore, swung by the Crazy Horse monument. Big, but I wasn’t impressed. Made it to Devils Tower. That place was kinda rockin. Lots of people (I should mention that Sturgis was happening the next week so lots of Harleys... EVERYWHERE). I think I would like to do some painting of the Tower. It’s old and ominous like that. Spent the night at the little campground. Again, there was thunder, lightning, and rain.

August 2


Road trip. Took off in the morning, made our way up to Needles/Custer State Park in South Dakota. Some beautiful country out there. Did a bit of stupid stunts when I was there. Found an off the road place to camp. Tripped. Hell of a lightning/hail storm the likes of which I’ve never seen in my life. I was kinda fucked up and didn’t think to record the storm, much less focus on the long term coolness of that storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...

UA-41898753-1